Monday, November 5, 2018

Kickstarter, Mistakes, and Consistency

So, Murder Manor has been live for a while, now.

Yay.

Our month is almost up and we raised $928 so far. Not the best for our $7500 goal, but it was more than I had been expecting for our board game project to go. I'm sad to not have gotten it even halfway to done, but in a way, I'm almost relieved at the same time. I can see why the original length of time for the Kickstarter was seven days. Not enough time to get funded and have to create a product alongside going to school.

We made the mistake and forgot to change how long we wanted our Kickstarter, but our teacher rolled with it and had the other group change theirs to a month as well. It was a learning experience either way and I've learned one thing from it.

I don't like marketing.

The thought of having to go online and signing up for whatever I could to spread the word that there's a game that a few classmates I and put up is exhausting. It was especially hard to find places that allowed self-promotion. And being consistent on it was not an easy thing to do.

But I digress.

Three months into the school year and I'm liking it so far. For the past few weeks, we have been learning to code in Unity, and I've always liked coding, so it's been fun to do. Right now we're learning how to make a cinematic. So far this course has been pretty well-rounded. I can't wait until we make our big group project.

And I guess I should address the last part of the title. I'm gonna have to start learning how to be consistent on here. I started writing this post in October.

When the Kickstarter went live.

So now, I'm going to be starting to make a weekly blog like thing. Maybe with pictures or stuff from my projects. Get my portfolio started right away.

Speaking of; this is what I've been working on for the past week or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoops

I have a blog... I totally didn't forget about this until now. Anyway. There's been a lot going on since the last blog. I've...